Thursday, October 4, 2012

Let there be heat!



   When you are slingin’ paint hardcore you can never expect any of it if you plan it but if you take things slow everything will eventually come together. I was in a panic like a transvestite bride the day before her wedding night in fear of not being able to unload that charcoal of the boots in time to get a woodstove kit before my balls slithered into my pelvis to find warmth somewhere up in my kidney region.
  Heat has been a concern to me since all the groovy places in Arizona come equipped with a full blown, although reasonably short, cold season. It’s not only my own personal comfort that is a concern but the paintings that I seem to produce to justify my existence are cunts when it comes to sudden temperature changes. They’re finicky fuckers that require a fairly steady temperature to dry properly if they are to last for the long haul.  A sudden snap of cold can really put a hit on ‘em until they are COMPLETELY dry which seems like takes longer than the second coming of Christ!
  Welp, my buddy Long Jon is obsessed with the local want ads. Having coffee in the morning on the porch of the compound is like having a meal with a father that never puts the news paper down unless it’s to take a sip of coffee or spoon a forkful of swill into his mouth. I never understood his obsession until he gave me a holler about a wood stove going for next to nothing.
  I had done that charcoal of those boots to fund a dual 55 gallon drum woodstove kit. I didn’t have any takers on it although I had a ton of inquiries just nobody that would hit the ‘go’ button on the deal. The weather is already starting to cool down in the pines so, although the Hamsteak stays reasonably warm, the Sub-Basement has the potential to become a fuckin’ ice box. Between the care that needs to be taken on the drying of the paintings and my body that is just fucked in general workin’ in an ice cold shop is out of the question.
  Those are worries that are behind me now. I got me a wood stove that could heat an amphitheater. In a few days the Hamsteak will be parked temporarily next to the studio while I gut the interior and settle in to sling paint for the winter.
  Oh and the charcoal of those boots? I did that to get a wood stove and I ended up with both. This gave me the opportunity to give it away and I did to a good friend on a long trip who I saw checkin’ it out. I ain’t shit as far as businessmen go but fuck you…it made me happy.  Eat shit and die a slow and painful death…”GTP”

1 comment: