Monday, October 15, 2012

Scooter tramps have found the Sub-Basement!

·           I got a call from Matthew Donaghe was just outside of town and needed directions to the shop. I gave it to him and he arrived shortly afterwards. We shot the shit and he told me he had been out for about a week or so and was just riding around to clear his head out. We shot the shit for a while just kickin’ back in a couple of chairs soakin’ up the sun when the phone rang.
·           It was Barry Land and he was asking directions to the shop. That’s when it hit me, the repeated conversations were because I was talking to two different people. It was all face book conversations and everyone is welcome here so I don’t check who it is. Barry showed up on his CB750 and he has apparently been on the road well into five months.
·           I put the paint brushes away and just settled in to shootin’ the shit and talkin’ about life and time on the road. It was great. Smokin’ cigarettes and eating pizza we just wasted the afternoon. Opening the shop is the best idea I’ve had since I started actually painting in ‘studios’.
·           An hour or so before the sun started to set and the weather turned cold they decided it was time to split. Matt headed to New Mexico and Barry to Jerome before heading back up to Illinois to align his life for the next trip.
·           I got absolutely no wrk done so far but the night is young and another buddy on a bike dropped by a little weed for me so I’ll just zone out and paint for a bit.
·           I’m hoping more tramps stop by sometime I the trip to trade stories and swap lies. It was great. So if you are inclined give me a shout and you’re more than welcome…bring weed.  “GTP”



No comments:

Post a Comment